Conditions of contract
- This contract is subject to materials & labour being available when required.
- Samples, if submitted to approval, to be accepted showing substance & general character only. Equality of bulk in colour, size or shape can not be guaranteed.
- All materials delivered to the site by us, or to our order are to remain our property until fixed by our staff on our instructions or until paid for.
- No responsibility will be taken for any delay, loss or damages caused by strikes, labour disputes, or inclement weather, changes of design or specification or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Care will be taken when working on roofs above existing ceilings, but no responsibility will be taken where damage is caused to ceilings during the progress of the work.
- The company shall not be responsible for damages to ceilings, walls, gutters or building fabric, if such items are found to be defective before or during commencement of work or where damage is caused by unavoidable vibration.
- For contract work on new buildings, lime, cement & scaffolding are not included in this estimate.
- This estimate does not include work of other crafts or trades or making good after it unless specifically mentioned overleaf or unless an item for the same is included in the bills of quantities where provided.
- Payment shall become forthwith upon submission of our account. Where the period of the work exceeds one month, arrangements shall be made for interim stage payments. Payments not forthcoming within the month period will attract an interest payment at the current bank base rate level.
- This Estimate does not include any work to timbers and substrate materials found necessary once roofs open up unless mentioned in our estimate.
- This estimate is open for acceptance for a period of one month from the date hereof, after which it will be subjected to confirmation or adjustment.
- This estimate is an offer to carry out the work detailed, for the figure quoted, & does not include value added tax, which shall be payable by the customer at the appropriate rate from time to time applying.
- No Responsibility for ponding of water on flat roofs will be taken following re-roofing works.
- Special condition where customer is a trade customer or contractor. Where a contract is based on priced bills of quantities and measurements, the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors shall in accordance with the current standard method adopt these, unless specified to the contrary in the bills of quantities. Upon completion the works will be re-measured in accordance with the standard method of measurement and any price adjustments made accordingly.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing between the company and the customer any materials stripped by the company in re-roofing contracts shall become the company’s property.
- The employer shall supply a safe connection to suitable electricity mains supply & provide water when required.
- This estimate is based on works being executed during normal working hours.
- The client has a 14 day “cooling-off period” in which to exercise the right to cancel the contract, starting from the date of receipt of the “notice of right to cancel”. Please download, complete and return the form below.
Any guarantee given for work does not include damage from storm conditions.